Who doesn’t love a good grilled cheese sandwich? It’s the ultimate comfort food if you ask us! Not only is it absolutely delicious on its own, but it can also serve as an incredible side-dish for an array of things – like tomato soup, for example. However, there are many different ways one can make a grilled cheese sandwich. It seems like there are endless combinations, so there really is something for everyone. Well, this recipe is the ultimate grilled cheese. Not only does it have three different types of cheeses, but it also has a hint of garlic and red pepper. These ingredients add a delicious kick to it that you won’t be able to get enough of! So, what are you waiting for? Let’s get to it!
What You’ll Need
- 4 slices good-quality sliced bread
- 2 slices of muenster cheese
- 2 slices Asiago cheese
- 2 slices of cheddar cheese (feel free to use any of the cheeses you like!)
- 2 teaspoons of Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 pinch of thyme
- Grab a saucepan and melt 2 tablespoons of the butter along with the garlic, red pepper flakes, and thyme.
- Let it simmer slightly – be careful not to burn the butter – and prepare the sandwiches.
- Lay out the slices of bread and spread 1/2 teaspoon of Dijon mustard onto each slice.
- On two of the slices, add a slice of cheddar cheese, a slice of muenster cheese, and a slice of Asiago cheese.
- Put the other slice of bread on top of the cheese with the Dijon side down.
- Using a pastry brush, brush the garlic butter onto the top and bottom of both sandwiches until you’ve used all the butter.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and melt one tablespoon of butter on it.
- Once the butter is melted, cook the sandwiches until both sides are nice and golden and the cheese is melted.
- Serve and enjoy!